Date(s) - 05/31/2018 - 06/02/2018
9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
This is an intense, four-day, 40-hour immersion course in the “rules of engagement” for armed law-abiding private citizens. The course emphasizes legal issues, tactical issues, and aftermath management. Topics will include interacting with suspects, witnesses, responding police officers, threat recognition and mind-set, and the management of the social and psychological aftermath of having to use lethal force in defense of self or others. Also covered is preparing beforehand for legal repercussions and minimizing your exposure to them. Situations in the home, at the place of business, or “on the street” will all be covered. Range work will include instruction in the use of the defensive handgun under extreme stress. Drawing from concealment, two-handed stances, shooting from cover, one-handed stances with either hand, speed reloading, and more are taught with an overall emphasis on fast, accurate shot placement. The course will culminate with a written examination covering the classroom topics and a police-style handgun qualification course.
What Do I Bring?
- A good quality handgun, suitable for self-protection and/or concealed carry. Remember that you will be firing approximately 500 rounds during this class, so ultra-lightweight firearms, though suitable for concealed carry, are not a good choice for class use. If you have any questions about the suitability of your gun, please contact us. It is a good idea to bring a spare gun, if you have one, just in case your primary gun breaks. ( it happens more than you think)
- A good quality holster. You need a safe, quality holster and belt. Again, if you have any questions, please contact us.
- A minimum of 3 magazines or speed loaders for your handgun.
- A magazine pouch/holder for at least 2 of your spare magazines or speed loaders.
- A sturdy belt, to support the above.
- Hearing protection.(Electronic Preferred)
- Eye protection.
- Billed cap or other brimmed headwear.
- At least 500 rounds of decent quality, reliable ammunition. Range ammunition (FMJ, etc.) is fine. You do not need to use premium self defense ammo for this course.
- Clothing suitable for the weather and the range. If necessary, we will finish our range work in whatever conditions exist at class time, live-fire classes run rain or shine, mud may be involved.
- Raingear plus a light jacket and sweater or sweatshirt (mornings and evenings can be cold).
- Note taking materials. You will need to take LOTS of notes. We’ll explain why when you get here. If you wish to use a laptop computer or a tablet, to the classroom portion that is OK (you may also want to bring an extension cord/power strip). Audio or video recording of the class is not allowed.
- Firearm cleaning supplies and any tools / lubricants that you might need.
- Folding Chair for the range days and a seat cushion for the classroom.
Please bring your own lunches, snacks, beverages etc. We have a “working lunch” in all classes. Our facilities does not have a place close enough to purchase meals and get back in a reasonable amount of time. Also remember that our classes are 10 hour days so if you need another meal in that amount of time please bring it. While we do provide water, it never hurts to bring some more. We have several spots to park campers on site and we have room for the first 8 people to request a bunk in the on-site bunkhouse.
* A “good guy card” is required to ensure that we aren’t giving criminals information that they could use against us. This can be a background check, a CCW permit, law enforcement credentials, or other identification that requires a background check to possess. You can scan and email to email@example.com or mail to Nebraska Shooters 3200 Gage Rd Firth NE 68358 If you aren’t sure, please contact us before class. Will need to be presented on the first day of class to participate.
Refund available until 30 days prior to class.
- CCW- Kearney-10-25-17
- Sesostris Fun Shoot
- CCW- Firth 11-4-17
- Basic Pistol Phase II 11-10-17
- NRA Pistol Instructor Training
- 11/11/2017 - 11/12/2017
- Sheepdog Seminar- Lt. Col. Dave Grossman
- 11/17/2017 - 11/18/2017
- CCW- Firth 12-2-17
- CCW- Firth 12-16-17
- CCW- Firth 1-13-18
- NRA Metallic Reloading
- Defensive Handgun - John Farnam
- 05/18/2018 - 05/20/2018
- 05/31/2018 - 06/02/2018