There are a few restrictions concerning places you can carry your firearm and they are not required to post any kind of signage so it is your responsibility to know the laws. You were probably told all of this during your concealed carry class, but if you took your class several years ago you may have forgotten. This page will help serve as a reminder so refresh your memory from time to time.
According to Nebraska State Statue:
69-2441. Permitholder; locations; restrictions; posting of prohibition; consumption of alcohol; prohibited.
(1)(a) A permitholder may carry a concealed handgun anywhere in Nebraska, except any: Police, sheriff, or Nebraska State Patrol station or office; detention facility, prison, or jail; courtroom or building which contains a courtroom; polling place during a bona fide election; meeting of the governing body of a county, public school district, municipality, or other political subdivision; meeting of the Legislature or a committee of the Legislature; financial institution; professional or semiprofessional athletic event; building, grounds, vehicle, or sponsored activity or athletic event of any public, private, denominational, or parochial elementary, vocational, or secondary school, a private postsecondary career school as defined in section 85-1603, a community college, or a public or private college, junior college, or university; place of worship; hospital, emergency room, or trauma center; political rally or fundraiser; establishment having a license issued under the Nebraska Liquor Control Act that derives over one-half of its total income from the sale of alcoholic liquor; place where the possession or carrying of a firearm is prohibited by state or federal law; a place or premises where the person, persons, entity, or entities in control of the property or employer in control of the property has prohibited permitholders from carrying concealed handguns into or onto the place or premises; or into or onto any other place or premises where handguns are prohibited by state law.
(b) A financial institution may authorize its security personnel to carry concealed handguns in the financial institution while on duty so long as each member of the security personnel, as authorized, is in compliance with the Concealed Handgun Permit Act and possesses a permit to carry a concealed handgun issued pursuant to the act.
(c) A place of worship may authorize its security personnel to carry concealed handguns on its property so long as each member of the security personnel, as authorized, is in compliance with the Concealed Handgun Permit Act and possesses a permit to carry a concealed handgun issued pursuant to the act and written notice is given to the congregation and, if the property is leased, the carrying of concealed handguns on the property does not violate the terms of any real property lease agreement between the place of worship and the lessor.
(2) If a person, persons, entity, or entities in control of the property or an employer in control of the property prohibits a permitholder from carrying a concealed handgun into or onto the place or premises and such place or premises are open to the public, a permitholder does not violate this section unless the person, persons, entity, or entities in control of the property or employer in control of the property has posted conspicuous notice that carrying a concealed handgun is prohibited in or on the place or premises or has made a request, directly or through an authorized representative or management personnel, that the permitholder remove the concealed handgun from the place or premises.
(3) A permitholder carrying a concealed handgun in a vehicle or on his or her person while riding in or on a vehicle into or onto any parking area, which is open to the public, used by any location listed in subdivision (1)(a) of this section, does not violate this section if, prior to exiting the vehicle, the handgun is locked inside the glove box, trunk, or other compartment of the vehicle, a storage box securely attached to the vehicle, or, if the vehicle is a motorcycle, a hardened compartment securely attached to the motorcycle. This subsection does not apply to any parking area used by such location when the carrying of a concealed handgun into or onto such parking area is prohibited by federal law.
(4) An employer may prohibit employees or other persons who are permitholders from carrying concealed handguns in vehicles owned by the employer.
(5) A permitholder shall not carry a concealed handgun while he or she is consuming alcohol or while the permitholder has remaining in his or her blood, urine, or breath any previously consumed alcohol or any controlled substance as defined in section 28-401. A permitholder does not violate this subsection if the controlled substance in his or her blood, urine, or breath was lawfully obtained and was taken in therapeutically prescribed amounts.
According to Lincoln City Ordanance:
9.36.130 Possession of Firearms and Dangerous Weapons in City and/or County Facilities; Prohibited.
According to Omaha City Ordinance:
It shall be unlawful for any person except an authorized law enforcement officer purposely or knowingly to carry a weapon concealed on or about his person. On or after January 1, 2007, any person possessing a lawful permit issued by the State of Nebraska authorizing the carrying of concealed handguns shall be permitted to carry such a concealed handgun in the City of Omaha as permitted by state law.
In any violation where the concealed weapon is a concealable firearm, any sentence shall include a minimum jail sentence of 30 days.
Any person convicted under this section where the concealed weapon is not a concealed firearm shall be punished as provided in section 1-10.
As provided in section 20-192, the carrying of a concealed weapon is expressly forbidden.
In all other cases, it shall be unlawful for a person to go armed with a loaded concealable firearm of any kind or to knowingly carry or transport a concealable firearm in a motor vehicle, provided, however, that this section shall not apply to the following persons:
Persons lawfully entitled to possess a firearm while upon the premises where he or she regularly resides or is regularly employed.
Members of the armed forces of the United States, the National Guard, or the Reserve Officer Training Corps when on duty or training.
Persons who for any lawful purpose carry an unloaded concealable firearm inside a closed and fastened container or securely wrapped package which is too large to be concealed on the person.
Persons who for any lawful purpose carry or transport an unloaded concealable firearm in a vehicle inside a closed and fastened container or securely wrapped package which is too large to be concealed on the person or inside a cargo or luggage compartment where the concealable firearm will not be readily accessible to any person riding in the vehicle or common carrier.
Persons in or upon a shooting range or the regular business premises of a federally and city licensed firearms dealer.
Persons engaged in a generally recognized course of instruction in the use of firearms, such as hunter safety instructions or instruction for the purpose of obtaining an identification card showing satisfactory completion of the firearm training program as set forth in section 20-207.
Persons who have verified to the city that they are entitled to a waiver of the firearm training program as set forth in section 20-207(k).
Persons who have obtained and display an identification card showing satisfactory completion of the firearm training program as set forth in section 20-207.
Persons possessing a valid permit to carry a concealed firearm under Nebraska Law.
(Ord. No. 33113, § 7, 11-23-93; Ord. No. 34229, § 1, 6-17-97; Ord. No. 37432, § 2, 7-18-06)
- Friday Fun Shoot 9-29-17
- CCW- Arnold 9-30-17
- Friday Fun Shoot 10-6-17
- CCW- Arnold 10-14-17
- CCW- Ogallala-10-22-17
- Sesostris Fun Shoot
- Basic Pistol Phase II 11-10-17
- NRA Pistol Instructor Training
- 11/11/2017 - 11/12/2017
- Sheepdog Seminar- Lt. Col. Dave Grossman
- 11/17/2017 - 11/18/2017
- Defensive Handgun - John Farnam
- 05/18/2018 - 05/20/2018